Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Hero's

Hello my crafty friends,

It is not often that I talk about my personal life, but today I have really been thinking about all the great things in my life aside from the bad and I have to say that I have truly been blessed in many aspects. So for those of you may know, I am about to tell you my story.

A year ago around this exact time, I was diagnosed with Leukemia. I have been through an ongoing battle fighting this sickness for an entire year and thankfully I am still ALIVE. Many people who have this type of cancer (specially children) do not get the chance to fight this like I have had. I am a strong believer in my faith and know from the bottom of my heart that I will fight through this and be a survivor and will tell my testimony, story and inspire others to fight. Honestly, there is nothing more important to fight for than your life, because without life we have nothing. I have had chemotherapy for 8 full sessions and accomplished full remission. At the end of my 8th session, I had one month of no treatment as I was done. Last month, unfortunately, it was found that the Leukemia has returned, I am still on the list for a bone marrow transplant, and looking for a possible donor. They will only test my sister from my family, I am guessing because of insurance costs and money, and she has been tested and unfortunately is not a match. I am on a list at the moment and they still have not found one. I am not worried, I know I will prevail!!! I am a fighter, a survivor!!! If you would have asked me a year ago, if I could do this, fight this thing, I would have answered and said I am not sure. But today Dec 4, 2011, I am a firm believe that I have what it takes inside to beat this thing and I will. I have been blessed with great friends who support me and are there for me, but most importantly I have been blessed with the BEST family ever. They have been with me every step of the way in ways you would never imagine, specially my mother. I swear she must be an angel, because the things she does for me I do not believe there is another person that would do them. She is my HERO!!!

Well, enough about the sob story, I am just in one of those moods today, however, I did make some layouts of my sister and mother and would love to share them with you. At this moment the only one I am missing to make one of is my daddy and I will in the next couple of days. I love him very much also and he is also my rock and strength, along with my sister and the rest of my family!!! Enough talking and here are the layouts, I hope you enjoy!!!!

My mommy and I

My Sissy and I


Thank you for following me, I do appreciate all of you!!!
XoXo, 
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment